Elly Johnson’s story is truly amazing. She is an author, entrepreneur, and Australia’s leading truth and lies communication expert. She uses her expertise in truth, trust, and deception to transform the way people and organizations search for, and ultimately discover, the truth. A former police officer, Elly fully embraced becoming a “truth expert” after realizing there were striking similarities when searching for truth. Whether the goal is to solve a crime, hire the right candidate, or enter a new relationship, the search for truth is vital.
In this episode, we talk about truth and the role it plays in relationships, business, and everyday life. Elly dissects the psychology of lying and how many of us may not even realize how much we habitually lie. Elly discusses the goal of her company, Truth Ability, and explains her own five pillars of truth. She discusses her own relationships, both past and present, and the importance that genuine trust plays in building strong relationships. Finally, Elly implores us all to become the best versions of ourselves, regardless of who we may disappoint along the way.
- 00:59 – Introducing Elly
- 02:26 – Elly’s newest A – Z project focused on getting more truth
- 03:54 – Elly’s background in truth
- 07:13 – How Elly started her business
- 08:41 – Why people sometimes think in lies
- 09:52 – Elly recalls her first experience of being really impacted by a lie
- 13:20 – How Elly feels about the phrase, “Two sides to the truth”
- 15:28 – Elly’s inspiration to become a police officer
- 16:54 – The “boys’ club” culture of the police academy
- 18:33 – Elly talks about meeting her husband and their subsequent divorce
- 19:18 – The difficulty of relationships and the role truth plays
- 22:17 – Truth Ability and Elly’s five pillars of truth
- 23:40 – Elly recounts a time when she wishes she spoke up and told her truth
- 28:59 – The importance of being ready before beginning a new relationship after a long-term one ended
- 33:53 – The Decision Traffic Light explained
- 37:12 – Elly’s journey from the end of her first marriage to being engaged today
- 40:29 – Becoming the best version of yourself
- 41:42 – Elly’s upcoming projects
- 43:52 – What does Elly think about when she hears the word MILF?
- 44:34 – What is something Elly has changed her mind about recently?
- 45:12 – How does Elly define success?
Connect with Jennifer
🎙 🎙 🎙
Podcast production and marketing provided by FullCast.